You want to undertake the CMM check yourself?
If you want to verify your coordinate measuring machines yourself, our experts are available to train you in the inspection of your measuring equipment. As a special service, you can purchase via Quality Analysis the CMM Check 2.0 test specimen for Mitutoyo machines incl. licenced measuring program with evaluation software and report form. Of course, we also train you in how to use your calibrated test specimen and assist you with all queries.
verification of your CMM
- Reverification test covering compliance with the CMM specifications and metrological accuracy
- CMM check using a DAkkS-calibrated test specimen in accordance with DIN EN ISO 10360 and VDI/VDE 2617
- Inspection based on metrologically traceable standards monitored by an external calibration laboratory
- Certificate of specification compliance with information about the percentage utilisation of the manufacturer's specification
- Exclusively for Mitutoyo coordinate measuring machines: procurement of the CMM Check 2.0 test specimen via Quality Analysis, incl. licenced measuring program and optional training
Added value at Quality Analysis
You receive from us precise measurement results, even at short notice. We have both the necessary personnel and the equipment to inspect your coordinate measuring machines quickly.
We only use DAkkS-calibrated test specimens in accordance with DIN EN ISO 10360 and VDI/VDE 2617. These are metrologically traceable and monitored by an external accredited test laboratory.
We would be pleased to pass on our practical expertise related to the qualification and verification of industrial measuring equipment with our training courses and to equip you with the necessary test specimens.
The accreditation of our inspection methods and measuring rooms signifies for you certainty, dependability and objectivity. Profit from our proven expertise during contract measurement.
Verification of your coordinate measuring machines
For the regular interim check on your coordinate measuring machines we use a 1540 mm long stepped gauge for the three axes X/Y/Z as well as the four spatial diagonals; we also use the CMM Check 2.0 test specimen. This universal test specimen has a series of calibrated measuring elements and standard shapes on a stiff body. In this way we are able to check the following characteristics of your measuring equipment economically, quickly and reliably:
- Probing behaviour of the probe head system
- Scanning characteristics of the probe head system
- CMM as shape measuring equipment including filter characteristics
- Length deviations
- Uncertainty of measurement
- Four-axis deviations for CMM with rotary table
Frequently asked questions about qualification and verification of industrial measuring equipment
What is the verification of a coordinate measuring machine?
During the verification of a coordinate measuring machine, it is objectively demonstrated that the related measuring equipment meets the requirements placed on it. Unlike calibration, during this process it is not possible to make any statement about the uncertainty of measurement of the measuring equipment.
What does a universal test specimen look like?
A universal test specimen such as the CMM Check 2.0/CMM Acceptance Check, used during the verification of coordinate measuring machines in a reverification test or interim check, consists of a mechanically stiff body and a series of calibrated measuring elements. On the CMM Check 2.0 these elements include an adjusting ring, at least one precision taper, a Flick standard and two parallel gauge blocks.
The right PARTNER
for tactile metrology
What can we measure and analyse for you?
We would be pleased to advise you about the numerous possibilities and combined analytical methods. The goal: the best, most cost-effective and most efficient analysis of your component.